Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Friday, June 17, 2011

Covergasms♥ (1) Emily Giffin


     So this is my first Covergasms post. It is brought to you by BookHooker who hosts the meme, and the fact that I’m waiting for nearly 20 000 photos to upload into Photoshop, and then back themselves up.

     I thought I’d start off with the Emily Giffin books. Ever since Holly came up with the idea for Covergasms, these books popped into my mind, so I figured it was a sign to do them first.


     I’m not usually a fan of simple covers such as these, but for some reason, they just hit the right chord.  First of all, they all match! That is really important for me, especially with series. I know these books aren’t exactly a series, but they do relate via six degrees of separation, so I can appreciate their matching-ness. The fact that they’re just different colours (still all pastels, though!), but otherwise the same really works for me. The font is simple and cute (and the same!), and the little image tie-in on each cover which matches both the book and the other images is clever and well done.

   Something Borrowed – engagement ring; Darcy and Dex are engaged, and Rachel makes things complicated
   Something Blue – the whole idea of the book is getting something you never saw coming or expected, ergo wrapped present
   Baby Proof – well it revolves around having a baby ... that was a little too obvious
   Love The One You're With – daisy; the universal sign of choosing in love: in this case not he-loves-me, he-loves-me-not, but Andy vs Leo
   Heart of the Matter – keys; well, I haven’t read it yet, but I’m sure it applies

     As I’m further examining and appreciating the covers, I notice the ‘a novel’ bit is stuck in cleverly on all the covers. Okay, except that someone clearly dropped the ball on Heart of the Matter. Come on, you could have done something; maybe written it along one of the keys. (and FYI: the hard cover version doesn’t say a novel anywhere, let alone somewhere clever. Hmm).

     I have to rate this as a remarkably good set of books that you can really get into, with equally sweet covers (for some reason it makes me think of cake icing??)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've added you to my list of Canada Book Bloggers. Yay! You're also from the Ottawa area! Do you have Twitter? Please add me if you do, I'd love to chat (@rabidreads). I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...