Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Book Beaus (1) Teddy Cutting

Teddy Cutting
The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen


     I really wanted my first Book Beau post to be of a guy in a book I am currently reading. I’ve been reading the Luxe series, and neither Will nor Henry really appealed to me (I love them for Elizabeth and Diana respectively, but my book beau is what I want for me).

     Suddenly, I noticed Teddy Cutting, and realized that my affections for him have been growing silently and steadily for the past few books. He is just the type of guy I like; not at either end of the spectrum, but at a comfy place in the middle of being kind, handsome and wealthy. He is light hearted but not air headed, and I pictured him to have an infectious boyish smile that can’t help but dissolve even the most severe frown. He is often overlooked as anything other than Henry’s best friend, but knowing that’s not all he is just draws me to him more.

     In my head Derek Hough fills the role of Teddy Cutting. He has a round face, longish blonde hair and piercing grey eyes. He is very easy to talk to, and can always be counted upon. Teddy is always ready for a good time of drinking and dancing, though he will always support his friends in whatever serious choices lie within their hearts.


     My favourite Teddy moment: When everyone was in Florida and Teddy tried to propose to Elizabeth on the dance floor. He was so sweet, her refusal just killed me. I wish she had said yes (especially given what happened next, and the fact that he was then gone). At the moment of his sincere and amazingly awkward proposal, all his little moments came flooding back. I remembered how sweet he was when he came to call on me *cough* I mean Elizabeth, after the "accident" and how it was obvious that he cared. No longer was his infatuation a simple boyhood crush, but a devoted, tender love for her.

    


     Now that I am finished Splendor, I just have to add something: yay that Teddy came back to save Elizabeth! When he was talking to Diana at Schoonmaker Sr.'s funeral, I knew he was back for good, and that he was going to save her. My faith waivered in him a little when he first went to see Elizabeth, but allowed himself to be ushered out so quickly. Of course, as my hero, he came back right when he was needed the most, and literally carried his love to safety.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on this!!! I love Teddy!!! Especially in Splendor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...