Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Thursday, September 29, 2011

"I am ashamed"

     ...as Jacques from Finding Nemo would say...

     I haven't posted in a month, and that is shameful and rude. I do have a couple good excuses; Holly and I were exiled from our apartment for three days due to a fire (not in or near our unit, thank god). Get this: someone shoved a screwdriver into the electrical panel and started two fires. No one was severely hurt, but the hydro was out for three days, so we had to stay elsewhere.

     Excuse number two; my job at Chapters took up so much of my time, since I was working full time hours in the summer, and then when school started, I was still working full time hours, and my days were spent waking up at dawn for class, and falling asleep in the wee hours of the morning after work. Also all the other little stressors of life, like shopping, finances, chores, relationships. Never mind any hobbies.

     I did get a chance to read when we were out of the apartment. Holly and I went to the library and picked up a few books, so I got about halfway through The Weird Sisters, and made more progress on One Day. No comments for now, you'll have to wait for my reviews. (And they're coming, I promise!)

     I am taking an english class this semester, partly because it seemed so interesting, partly because I needed another class to be a full time student. No way was I going to take another Crim class, and since I've maxed out my Psych class allowances, I figured I'd do this for me. The class is called Children's Literature. I assumed this meant Roald Dahl and Robert Munch, but actually we are reading older books. My reading list includes Little Women (which I have to have read for Friday evening, yet have not started), Tom Sawyer, Anne of Green Gables, The Silver Chair and a bunch more novels and short stories. I think I lucked out!

     Now all I need is to catch up on my IMM posts (I have about four in the works - yay for being a Chapters employee and having an income!) and a few reviews which I have started, but of course, not finished.

     Stay tuned! I'll be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...