Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)


     A year ago, I impulsively bought a Kobo. Somehow since then, the screen got cracked. I was so sad, assumed there was nothing I could do, and put it away indefinitely. Since I work at Chapters, I decided to ask if there was any solution. Apparently, they exchange Kobo's due to broken screens all the time, so as long as I purchased it within a year. So I went home and found the receipt, and it actually had been a year (well, a year and a week, but I figured that was okay).

     I brought it back, expecting to pay about $30 to cover the difference between the first generation which I had, and the new Touch. Turns out, that there was only a ten dollar difference between what I paid, and the new Touch, with the latter being cheaper! So I got the new Kobo Touch, screen intact, and $10. Amazing!


     Because I needed a book to read while out of the house, I purchased two e-books to read on my Kobo. I know it comes with tons of free ones, but after finishing Playing Hurt, I really wanted a modern chick-lit book, and none come free. So I purchased One Day by David Nicholls, and Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. I do intend to purchase them in physical form, but One Day was only a couple dollars, and Sisterhood Everlasting is a year away from coming out in trade paperback.


     I'll be starting with One Day, reading it on my Kobo when out of the house. This will be my first experience reading on a tablet, so I'll let you know how it was when I'm done! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...